persistent &todays_date in drawings

Discussion in 'Pro/Engineer & Creo Elements/Pro' started by none, Aug 19, 2004.

1. none

none Guest

Hi all,
    in a drawing I would like to add a note stating todays date, I mean,
    tomorrow it will state tomorrow's date a.s.o.

Is this possible ?

wzzl

none, Aug 19, 2004
  2. none

bob smith Guest

No and Yes
    No Pro doesn't offer this type of functionality
    However, you could create a mapkey that re-enters &todays_date
    There was another method I saw that imported the &todays_date via an
    external method but I belive that only worked one sheet at a time.
    Maybe you could create the date as a parameter and modify it manually
    which should update multiple sheets at once.

This is a feature that half the people would like and the other half
    like it the way it is.

bob smith, Aug 20, 2004
  3. none

David Janes Guest

: Hi all,
    : in a drawing I would like to add a note stating todays date, I mean,
    : tomorrow it will state tomorrow's date a.s.o.
    :

I'm not clear on how you want to do this. You say a note in a drawing, but the
    typical place to put the note parameter &todays_date is in a format. That would
    also make your problem somewhat simpler. If you didn't place the format until you
    wanted it to show the date, it would have to contain today's date. If you wanted
    to change the date, you could remove the format and place it again, which IIRC,
    will update the note parameters that pick up information from the system. I'm not
    sure about the precise details about how to replace the format, but it seems to me
    that if you go to 'File>Page setup', click on the existing format, it should give
    you a list of available ones plus a Browse button. If you go to Browse, pick the
    format you want and hit OK, it should re-place the format. It might take a couple
    steps, though. That's what I'm not certain about, like unchecking the box for show
    format, saving it, then placing the format with Browse.

I'd agree, though, that if you are just putting in the drawing, your choice is
    limited to erasing and recreating the note to make it update. It is an interesting
    idea, to have two date parameters ~ todays_date_fixed and todays_date_system.

David Janes

David Janes, Aug 21, 2004
Ask a Question