paper size on printing pdf

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by dorifto, Jun 1, 2004.

1. dorifto

dorifto Guest

i am tying to print a 24x36 size drawing into a pdf file. but i cant seem to
    find the option on where to change the paper size. all im getting is an
    8.5X11 paper. i am using adobe distiller. pls help. tnx

dorifto, Jun 1, 2004
  2. dorifto

pendean Guest

Plotting to a PC3 file with a set paper size?
    Plotting to the Distiller with a set paper size?

pendean, Jun 2, 2004
  3. dorifto

steedj Guest

You have a couple of options. One would be to add the 24X36 page size to your windows print driver via File/ Server Properties/ Forms (For this to work, the printer in question must be set as Default Printer) the other method is as follows:

If you are trying to plot with a Postscript or PDF Windows Print driver, then you need to create a PC3 file. You do this by using the Add-A-Plotter Wizard which is available, from within AutoCAD, via File (pulldown menu) / Plotter Manager (or you can type in Plottermanager at the command prompt). A dialog box will appear -- simply follow the prompts. Be sure to select 'System Printer' from within 'Add Plotter - Begin' dialog box; Also, be sure to select your Postscript or PDF Windows Print driver within the next dialog box (entitled 'Add Plotter - System Printer'). When the 'Add Plotter - Finish' dialog box comes up, select the [Edit Plotter Configuration] button. This will take you to the Plotter configuration editor dialog box. Now select Custom paper sizes and enter the 24x36 sheet size; I suggest entering margins of 0.13 all the way around -- at least that's what I have to do to get my PDF's to plot 1-to-1 without cropping off part of my borderlines; You may have to experiment with margins amounts.

Let me know if that works for you

steedj, Jun 2, 2004
Ask a Question