'P - Transparent commands not working

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by snappy, Nov 29, 2004.

1. snappy

snappy Guest

I am running Autocad 2004. When I try to use 'p ('pan) or any other Transparent command it comes up with "Command unknown". I have used these commands before and don't know why they don't work anymore. Is there a variable I need to reset?

snappy, Nov 29, 2004
  2. snappy

Walt Engle Guest

For transparent command of pan, go to the hand in pulldown. What other transparent commands are you trying to use?

Walt Engle, Nov 29, 2004
  3. snappy

snappy Guest

I used to be able to type 'p at the command line and Pan would start. Also in the middle of a move command you could type 'p and the pan command would activate transparently in the move command. It works in my 2000i version but for the past week has not worked in my 2004 version.

snappy, Nov 29, 2004
  4. snappy

Jason Rhymes Guest

Invest in a wheel mouse and press on the wheel to pan. I left the PAN
    command back in r14.

Jason Rhymes, Nov 29, 2004
  5. snappy

mterres Guest

Try typing the full 'pan at the command line - I suspect it will work. The abbreviated 'p works because an "alias" has been set up in your PGP file. If 'p doesn't work, your acad.pgp file has been modified or is not being loaded when AutoCAD starts.

mterres, Nov 30, 2004
  6. snappy

snappy Guest

Thanks for the help. The acad.pgp file was not loading.

snappy, Nov 30, 2004
Ask a Question