Outlined Toolbar Buttons?

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by kzalec, Sep 13, 2004.

1. kzalec

kzalec Guest

I thought there used to be a way to outline toolbar buttons rather than just have blank space between them. Is this still possible? If so, how do you do this?

kzalec, Sep 13, 2004
  2. kzalec

dblaha Guest

If you wish to draw a line between two buttons on a toolbar, you can do this when using the Customize dialog in AutoCAD by carefully dragging one of the buttons away from the other along the toolbar. A line will appear between them. If you you drag the button too far, it will swap places with the button next to it in the direction you're dragging.
    You can add a line between buttons in the mns or mnu file by inserting the following line of text (the brackets and dashes shown below) between the lines of text containing the definitions of the two buttons.

[--]

Dave

dblaha, Sep 13, 2004
  3. kzalec

kzalec Guest

Dave, thanks for your reply. Yes, I was aware of those two things you mentioned, but I thought there used to be some way to show each button outlined (without having to DRAW an outline around the button). I guess I must have been imagining things...

kzalec, Sep 14, 2004
  4. I think you're remembering R14. As I recall the borders disappeared
    when R2000 came out, and there hasn't been an option to turn them back
    on. If the toolbars were MFC it might be possible, but Autodesk uses
    their own toolbars. I personally liked it a lot better with borders.

Martin

Martin Shoemaker, Sep 15, 2004
Ask a Question