Open Dialog Box column (Details) options

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by Charliep, Jan 8, 2004.

1. Charliep

Charliep Guest

I use Windows XP & A2K4.
    In the Open Dialog Box, If you right click on the Name column header, you get the option to choose other column headings. Attributes, Author, Owner etc. However I have been unable to cause A2K4 to maintain these settings when I reboot my computer. I have tried My Computer/ Tools/ Folder Options/ View tab/ Apply to all folders button. To no avail.
    I have also tried to cause a column called Comments to show. I have tried right clidking on a file name, choose properties, summary tab, go down to comments, and enter information such as part # discription so it will show next to the file name when scrolling. I have tried entering this part # description via My Computer and AutoCAD 2004. For whatever reason this information will not stay in the comments column.
    Does any one know of a way to use this feature?

Charliep, Jan 8, 2004
  2. When you open a folder in explorer, do previously changed
    visible column settings persist?

If so then it would appear that the AutoCAD open file dialog
    is not using those settings (Windows manages them, not
    AutoCAD), and there probably isn't any way to get them to
    stick in that dialog.

headings. Attributes, Author, Owner etc. However I have been unable to cause A2K4 to maintain these settings when I
    reboot my computer. I have tried My Computer/ Tools/ Folder Options/ View tab/ Apply to all folders button. To no avail.
    properties, summary tab, go down to comments, and enter information such as part # discription so it will show next to
    the file name when scrolling. I have tried entering this part # description via My Computer and AutoCAD 2004. For
    whatever reason this information will not stay in the comments column.

Tony Tanzillo, Jan 8, 2004
Ask a Question