oops...I lost my original lisp

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by Psync, Feb 27, 2004.

1. Psync

Psync Guest

you won't believe this; however, my hard drive went belly up. Fortunately I have older versions of my lisp - unfortunately they're old and I can't remember all the revisions to the codes. If I send someone my original lisp and the upto date FAS file for proof, can anyone decrypt this file? (I know I'll probably get a beating on this one...)

Psync, Feb 27, 2004
  2. Psync

Paul Turvill Guest

So ... you lost the .LSP file, but you managed to save the up-to-date .FAS
    file? If that's the case, where's the problem?
    ___

Fortunately I have older versions of my lisp - unfortunately they're old and
    I can't remember all the revisions to the codes. If I send someone my
    original lisp and the upto date FAS file for proof, can anyone decrypt this
    file? (I know I'll probably get a beating on this one...)

Paul Turvill, Feb 27, 2004
  3. Psync

Psync Guest

Actually, I keep my lisp files on 2 separate drives. I work on one drive and backup on the second drive. Its been a while since I did a backup of the working drive. When the lisp is done, I create a FAS file and put it out for use.

I've made some minor changes to my "autoplot" lisp which I can't remember exactly what, though. I had to recreate the FAS file to add additional printers and functions. Only minor problem now is trying to remember all the "little" corrections that I've made over time.

This recreated FAS file is now showing the symptons of the fixed version corrected.

Just looking for time saving methods...

Psync, Feb 27, 2004
  4. Psync

Psync Guest

There's one more feature I've always wanted to add to my routine but not quite sure how to do it w/o an example. Currently my plot routine is started by a button. It searches the drawing 4 our standard title block sheet and the associated layout tab. It then calculates the proper plot scale. throws in the plot stamp and plots.

Now, I really want to add an additional feature whereby the routine scans the drawing to check if some has actually "xrefed" in the sheet instead of inserting it as a block.

Problem is I don't know how to make my routine scan for a block that has a specific name w/in an xref.

Psync, Feb 27, 2004
  5. Psync

Psync Guest

There's one more feature I've always wanted to add to my routine but not quite sure how to do it w/o an example. Currently my plot routine is started by a button. It searches the drawing 4 our standard title block sheet and the associated layout tab. It then calculates the proper plot scale. throws in the plot stamp and plots.

Now, I really want to add an additional feature whereby the routine scans the drawing to check if some has actually "xrefed" in the sheet instead of inserting it as a block.

Problem is I don't know how to make my routine scan for a block that has a specific name w/in an xref.

Psync, Feb 27, 2004
  6. Psync

BillZ Guest

<<<Just looking for time saving methods... >>>

Even if it could be done, no one here will tell you how to decompile .fas files.
    The reason they created .fas in the first place was to protect the authors code.
    I would think that if you know how to write lisp and produce .fas files, you would already know that.

Bill

BillZ, Feb 27, 2004
  7. Psync

BillZ Guest

<<<Just looking for time saving methods... >>>
    Even if it could be done, no one here would tell you how to decompile .fas files.
    The reason they created .fas in the first place was to protect the authors code.
    I would think that (being you know how to write lisp and produce .fas files), you would already know that.

Bill

BillZ, Feb 27, 2004
  8. Psync

R.K. McSwain Guest

That would be the problem.
    Start over and back up the source code from now on.

R.K. McSwain, Feb 27, 2004
  9. Psync

Paul Turvill Guest

Best one in the world: BACK UP every time you change a file.
    ___

Paul Turvill, Feb 27, 2004
  10. Psync

ECCAD Guest

Psync,
    See the discussion: "Entmod an Xref's assoc 70 ... "

Bob

ECCAD, Feb 27, 2004
Ask a Question