ObjectDCL & 2005

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by David_Lister, Jan 25, 2005.

1. David_Lister

David Allen Guest

James

see my other post.
    Which file should I be using.
    Send me the right version.

thankx

James Maeding <jmaeding at hunsaker dot com>
    |>ok, sent arx to both you guys.
    |>Can you email me the 2005 one? I am caught naked.
    |>
    |>David_Lister <>
    |>|>..don't know what to say, but my programs appear to be working fine now!! I placed ObjectDCL2005.arx (02/17/04) back into the "Startup Suite" and started firing off different programs that were crashing before and everything went off without a hitch. Odd.
    |>|>
    |>|>I spent 20 hours on this problem (Monday & Tuesday) and even e-mailed Chad at 3rd Day. I'm in the middle of upgrading 30 work stations to 2005 and starting to get a bit anxious. I'm going to run a couple dozen more programs and make sure things are running smoothly. (By the way, I checked my machine for viruses, even rebooted and tried all the usual troubleshooting.)
    |>|>
    |>|>At Mikron we call this phenomenon WADS (or Weird AutoCAD Displacement Syndrome) In any event, I'm glad to be back in the game here. I've been using ObjectDCL since December 2000 when it was first released and think it's a pretty cool app, despite some of its quirks.
    |>|>
    |>|>David Lister
    |>|>Mikron Industries
    |>
    |>James Maeding
    |>jmaeding at hunsaker dot com
    |>Civil Engineer/Programmer

David

David Allen, Jan 28, 2005
  2. David_Lister

Rudy Tovar Guest

I haven't been having problems, but then again I've not been using issuing
    command line...

I'm using vla functions and reactors, and all has been working just fine...

Rudy Tovar, Jan 28, 2005
  3. David_Lister

David_Lister Guest

...while were on the subject...

My typical loading sequence for an ObjectDCL dialog box project usually looks something like this:

(setq DB "c:/AutoLISP/Systems/Rework/Odc/Rework_Master")
    (Odcl_LoadProject DB T)
    (Odcl_Form_Show DB "Rework_Master_Main")

Notice how the first line does not include the extension of the filename - Example: Rework_Master.odc

I seemed to be able to get away with not including this extension (.odc) in previous versions of AutoCAD using ObjectDCL. However, it appears to be hit and miss in AutoCAD 2005. I've been having to go back into numerous programs and ADD the .odc extension to this line of code when loading the Project Dialog Box.

(setq DB "c:/AutoLISP/Systems/Rework/Odc/Rework_Master.odc")

I realize that it probably would have been a good idea to always have included the extension in all my programs. I'm curious to know how other users load their projects and if they use the .odc extension in the load line.

David Lister
    Mikron Industries

David_Lister, Jan 28, 2005
  4. (if (wcmatch (strcase (dtt-odcl-load)) "*OBJECTDCL*")
    (progn

(odcl_loadproject (strcat (vl-filename-directory (findfile "bdivide_102.vlx"))
    "\\register.ods"))
    ;; t)

(odcl_form_show (vl-doc-ref 'register_ok_messageForm))))

Luis Esquivel, Jan 29, 2005
Ask a Question