Object Library Feature Not Supported error

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by terencechatfielduk, Sep 29, 2004.

1. In a piece of code that I did in recently I get an "Object Library Feature Not Supported" error. The snippet of code that doesn't work is as follows:

Public MySub()
    Dim blockref As AcadEntity
    For Each blockref In ThisDrawing.PaperSpace
    Debug.Print TypeName(blockref)
    Next
    End

The function that fails seems to be the TypeName function, which should work with no problems at all but just fails. To complicate things I wrote this in ADT2004 and now have ADT2005 loaded onto my computer as well.

Strangely it runs without a problem in 2005, but the majority of my colleagues are still on 2004 so it is an issue for them, so it seems the installation of 2005 has changed something, which 2004 can't handle.

The only solution I can think of is to run a version that has been done on a 2004 only machine and keep it pure, with a seperate version to run for 2005.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

terencechatfielduk, Sep 29, 2004
  2. Ahah! One answer seems to be to load the AutoCAD/ObjectDBX Common 16 Type Library, though I've never had to do this before. After doing so however it seems to work fine.

Is there any reason for having to do this, as I would expect that this would not normally be needed for a bit of coding, unless access to Object DBX functinality was required?

terencechatfielduk, Sep 29, 2004
  3. terencechatfielduk

avhg1 Guest

I'm getting the same error on some thing that I have been running for years without a problem. I noticed that it just started since loading Civil 3D 2005 on my PC yesterday. Did you just install any new versions of AutoCAD?

avhg1, Nov 12, 2004
Ask a Question