No "Use default template" checkbox

Discussion in 'Pro/Engineer & Creo Elements/Pro' started by David Janes, May 15, 2005.

1. David Janes

David Janes Guest

Some time after installing WF2, I lost the use of default templates for solids,
    sheetmetal, etc. The "Use default template" check box on the New file dialogue was
    greyed out and I got kicked to the page showing the templates list and requiring
    you to pick one. It was nice, in a way, because it showed the parameters in the
    file and let you fill them out right there... if you like doing it that way.

I just figured out what was causing this unwanted behavior. Seems PTC introduced a
    new option called force_new_file_options_dialog which, when set to yes, 'forces'
    you into the templates selection list. Set it to no and the checkbox comes back.
    You know, I learned a long time ago that you really have to read those release
    notes and 'What's New...' documents. Guess I must have missed this one.

David Janes, May 15, 2005
Ask a Question