no plt file created

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by Randy S, Jun 2, 2004.

1. Randy S

Randy S Guest

I have a client that just installed 2005 and has a HP Design Jet 500 and can't create PLT files.

here is the e-mail he sent me...

"I am unable to find any plot files. Using the plot command, I check the plot file box and browse to a selected folder to save the file in, and then I select "OK". The request is processed and is spooled and actually starts plotting. This is not what I want. When I browse to the folder that the plot file was saved in, it is not there. ----This is what the plot window says when I attempt to create a plot file:----Name: HP Design Jet 500 42 by HP--Plotter: HP Design Jet 500 42 by HP - Optimized Driver - By HP--Where: File--Description: (no description)----When I deselect the Plot to File box, the "Where" changes from File to USB port (which is correct).----What am I doing wrong? Your help is appreciated. "

Randy S, Jun 2, 2004
  2. Randy S

teiarch Guest

Dunno about 2005 but on earlier versions, there's a box to check somewhere in either the page manager or page set-up dialogue boxes.

He should also be able to set this up in the plot device specifications for a particular printer....the one he doesn't have but the printing service or client does have.

May have to look around a bit....

Sorry not to be of more help.

teiarch, Jun 2, 2004
Ask a Question