Network Problems

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by abdulbasit, Mar 24, 2005.

1. abdulbasit

abdulbasit Guest

We have installed AutoCAD on Network.When Server goes to shutdown ,we have to restrat autocad manually on Server ,how to automatically strat autocad.

If Server goes down sometimes ,how users(clients) will be informed to save their data,other wise data will be lost

abdulbasit, Mar 24, 2005
  2. abdulbasit

TravisNave Guest

First of all, I would enable the autosave function on each client machine. This will keep any data loss from happening in the event that they lose connection with the server. Otherwise, clients get a warning and only have a short time to save if it loses connection to the license server.

Also, you may consider the Borrow License feature if you have enough licenses and predict the server will go down at times. This will keep AutoCAD from closing if it can't access the license server.

As for starting up AutoCAD on the server automatically... why? I suppose you could put the link in the StartUp folder.

TravisNave, Mar 24, 2005
  3. abdulbasit

jpostlewait Guest

Actually you can go to Start>Programs>Autodesk>Network License Manager>LMTools

Check Configuration using Services
    Go to Config Services TAB
    Check Start Server at Power Up

And whenever you server starts up the License Manager will start running.

If Your server is going Down that much might be time for an Upgrade.

John Postlewait
    IS Department
    George Butler Associates, Inc.

jpostlewait, Mar 24, 2005
  4. abdulbasit

TravisNave Guest

Oh, did he mean start the license server automatically? I thought he meant the AutoCAD program. Yeah, that is easy.

As for a server, it is not something that should be shutting down or restarting on a regular basis. Servers can stay up for months without a reboot. If your server constantly requires you to shut it down, I would consider installing FlexLM on a different machine or upgrade to a new server.

TravisNave, Mar 24, 2005
Ask a Question