Need help plotting multiple layouts

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by lsaapedd, Jul 16, 2003.

1. lsaapedd

lsaapedd Guest

I need to know if it is possible to make layers plot differently on different layouts.
    Example: I have a building in modelspace with separate layers for electrical, heat, etc. I have layouts for machine installation, electrical, heat. I know how to freeze a layer so it doesn't display in a layout, but on the heat layout I want the machine layers to plot with a .005 line instead of the default .o2 line. This way the equipment fades into the background.
    Anyone know how to do this?
    PLEASE!

lsaapedd, Jul 16, 2003
  2. lsaapedd

jonesr Guest

Assuming you are using color dependent plot styles (.ctb), create a new plot style table and assign it to the layout you want plotted differently. It would basically be the same PST as the original but it would change the "color" that the machine layers use to have lineweight = 0.005 rather than 0.02.

"lsaapedd" <> wrote in message news:...

I need to know if it is possible to make layers plot differently on different layouts.
    Example: I have a building in modelspace with separate layers for electrical, heat, etc. I have layouts for machine installation, electrical, heat. I know how to freeze a layer so it doesn't display in a layout, but on the heat layout I want the machine layers to plot with a .005 line instead of the default .o2 line. This way the equipment fades into the background.
    Anyone know how to do this?
    PLEASE!

jonesr, Jul 16, 2003
Ask a Question