Multipule Plines

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by KEVINS, Oct 24, 2004.

1. KEVINS

KEVINS Guest

Hi All,
    Just wondering if any of you autolisp geniuses can help me? What I'm after is some way to draw three(3) polylines together, similar to together but i need the distances between the lines to be variable & when I change direction what them to radius bend (fillet),the radius needs to be equal to the distance the lines are apart and/or variable if possible, also need to be able to set the three lines as separate linetypes. any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Kevin

KEVINS, Oct 24, 2004
  2. KEVINS

GaryDF Guest

Do you mean, like drawing a road (2 curbs w/ center line) with varing radiuses
    about a common
    point at the same time?

Gary

after is some way to draw three(3) polylines together, similar to together but i
    need the distances between the lines to be variable & when I change direction
    what them to radius bend (fillet),the radius needs to be equal to the distance
    the lines are apart and/or variable if possible, also need to be able to set the
    three lines as separate linetypes. any help with this would be greatly
    appreciated.

GaryDF, Oct 24, 2004
  3. KEVINS

KEVINS Guest

Yes I guess that would be very much the same thing

KEVINS, Oct 24, 2004
  4. KEVINS

KEVINS Guest

What I am actually doing is drawing flexible ducting from branch ducts to cushion boxes over diffusers, So obviously they are all different sizes from 150mm to 550mm is the normal range. Not exactly the same as drawing a road but the idea would be similar, The centre line I usually do as a centreline the two outside lines are continuous, when i change direction i fillet with the same radius as whatever size i am drawing, I hope this makes sense.

KEVINS, Oct 25, 2004
  5. You can draw the centerline, and then offset it both ways to a different
    layer with something like this:

[OfftoLay]^C^C(setq dist (distof (getstring "Offset distance: "))) \+
    (setq layname (getstring "Layer to Offset to: ")) \+
    (while (numberp dist) +
    (command "OFFSET" dist pause pause "" "CHPROP" "L" "" "LA" layname ""))

Kent Cooper, AIA, Oct 25, 2004
  6. KEVINS

GaryDF Guest

Copyright 2000 EMT Software, Inc.
    has a routine you might use...

Gary

GaryDF, Oct 25, 2004
  7. KEVINS

KEVINS Guest

Thanks but i was hoping someone would know how to set it up so that all i had to do was draw the centre line put the offset distance in as a variable and away I go, Similar to drawing with multiline but automatically fillet the corners as I change direction.

KEVINS, Oct 27, 2004
Ask a Question