Multifunction printers with AutoCAD ???

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by PeteQ, May 5, 2004.

1. PeteQ

PeteQ Guest

Hi

I'm thinking of buying a A3 multifunction printer (printer-copier) for general purpose office use. But the thing is that it should be able to print autocad drawings also. Can anyone tell me what to look for here? What brands and models are known to work with autocad? I'm on a budget so it should be affordable also. I know that Xerox, Canon and HP etc. all have models that support hpgl/2 and work properly with autocad but the price seems to be around 10.000€ and that's a little too much for me.

Any help will be appreciated! Thanks you.

Pete

PeteQ, May 5, 2004
  2. PeteQ

patrick_aps Guest

If they have PCL5e or PCL6 emulation and drivers, then they understand HPGL/2 too.
    Try to avoid machines who only have PostScript drivers: they will work, but because of the large amount of plot-data generated using PostScirpt, they will be slow.
    We have good experience with Xerox DocuCentre.

patrick_aps, May 6, 2004
  3. PeteQ

Maverick91 Guest

In my office, we have a Sharp AR-C250 that is a full color copier, printer, and scanner up to B-size sheets. It produces high quality pages. Besides the maintenance problems, I’m happy with it.

At home, I have a HP PCS 2100 for my PC. The prints aren’t as crisp (it’s still an ink-jet at heart) but it’s very easy to use and, and inexpensive. It is limited to 8.5â€x14†pages max. though.

Doug Draper
    Lea+Elliott.com
    www.leaelliott.com

Maverick91, May 6, 2004
Ask a Question