Moving Objects Between Model Space & Paper Space

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by JFord, Dec 7, 2004.

1. JFord

JFord Guest

My end result is I want a routine that will move selected objects from paper space to model space (or vice versa), such that the paper space plot appearance remains unchanged.
    For instance, if I have a circle in paper space whose center is 1" to the right and 1" above the lower left corner of a viewport, I want the routine to move the circle to model space and place it such that in the viewport the center of the circle is 1" to the right and 1" above the lower left corner of the viewport.
    I'm thinking there must be a viewport (or other object) property that gives a model space reference point for the viewport (for example, a model space (x,y) point that is at the exact center or corner of the viewport). I've so far been unable to determine what property I need. Any Ideas.
    Thanks!

JFord, Dec 7, 2004
  2. JFord

Matt W Guest

Express Tools --> Layout Tools --> Change Space

Matt W, Dec 7, 2004
  3. JFord

sdanis Guest

Express tools has "change space" in the Layout tools option.
    That should do it.
    Hope this helps

sdanis, Dec 7, 2004
  4. JFord

JFord Guest

Thanks for the reply. Let me ask another question. How to I access express tools from VBA?

JFord, Dec 7, 2004
  5. JFord

Jeff Mishler Guest

To build your own, look at the TranslateCoordinates method.

Jeff Mishler, Dec 7, 2004
Ask a Question