Moving License

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by manoire, Feb 24, 2005.

1. manoire

manoire Guest

I am setting up a new and faster workstation for an engineer. he has Autocad 2002 installed, individual license. The old machine is going to an admin person and will not need Autocad.

I tried installing Autocad on the new machine (same license) and the authorization code does not work. So i then went to the autodesk website and submitted again and got the identical authorization code which does not work for some reason.

Is there a way i can move the license? Any ideas on why the license/auth. code would not work, even though it is correct?

manoire, Feb 24, 2005
  2. manoire

TravisNave Guest

The license is based on serial number and MAC address. You will not be able to install it onto another machine without contacting your reseller or Autodesk to get a license file.

TravisNave, Feb 24, 2005
  3. Hi manoire,

What you are trying to do should work. The steps to activate on the new
    machine however, would vary depending on whether you have installed a
    version using product activation or not.

If you would like to email me directly (offline) the serial number and
    activation code you are using, I should be able to get the process straight
    for you.

Regards,
    Greg Suppes
    Autodesk, Inc.

Autocad 2002 installed, individual license. The old machine is going to an
    admin person and will not need Autocad.
    authorization code does not work. So i then went to the autodesk website and
    submitted again and got the identical authorization code which does not work
    for some reason.
    code would not work, even though it is correct?

Greg Suppes [Autodesk], Feb 25, 2005
Ask a Question