monochrome Plotting in R14 with HP 1180C

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by pranaviyer, Jul 2, 2004.

1. pranaviyer

pranaviyer Guest

Hi. I just bought an HP 1180C A3 printer. I am unable to find a way to print an R14 dwg in monochrome. The printer itself only allows greyscale, whereas i want only black. Help please. As a result, my pen thickness is constant, for white, as i have to get the whole dwg in white to print.

thanks

pranaviyer, Jul 2, 2004
  2. pranaviyer

steedj Guest

I never used R14 so I could be wrong here (I've used 2000)...
    Here's a possible solution:
    Try using the Monochrome Plotstyle (Monochrome.ctb).
    If you need differing Line thicknesses, set your linewiegths via the plotstyle manager.

You may need to set your Print device Plotter configuration properties:
    From the Plot dialog box (or from Pagesetup) select the Plot device Tab (upper left); Next, select the [Properties] button (upper right); When the 'Plotter Configuration Editor' dialog box comes up ,select the 'Device and Document settings' Tab (top); Within the window that now appears, select 'Custom Properties'; The 'Document properties' dialog box should appear; now select the 'Paper/Quality' tab (may be named something else); now, change the color to Black & White.
    ...whew!!

Good luck,
    J. Steed

steedj, Jul 2, 2004
  3. pranaviyer

patrick_aps Guest

In R14, select the printer,
    then go to the pen settings and change all 256 colours to pen 7
    This should do the trick...

patrick_aps, Jul 7, 2004
Ask a Question