Missing Plot styles

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by Chase Parsons, Aug 8, 2003.

1. I have been plotting drawings for a VERY large residential development for two days now. Last night, for no appear reason, ACAD plot dialog box looses the plot styles. The only option I have is to create a new plot style. I can cut/paste the entire drawing into a new drawing and the plot command works fine again, with all the plot styles available.

I have had a coworker open the same drawings and he gets the same result.

Where must I look to see where the drawing is mapping the plot style from for it not to see the correct location of the plot style? If I did not have 137 more drawings to go, I would not care about cutting/pasting each drawing into a fresh drawing. The problem only seems to affect some files and is not consistent with all drawings.

HELP!!

Chase Parsons, Aug 8, 2003
  2. Ron,

Thanks for the suggestion. However, I have already tried your fix. I typ. use 'last plot' since I have 197 files to plot and I want all the settings consistent.

Any other suggestions? Any AutoDesk ppl. working this site?

"Ron Meicho" <> wrote in message news:...

Try this from the Pagesetup (or Plot) dialog <add><import> select a file with a good pagesetup. Import and use. I do this with a template file for the plots styles we use.
    or
    Set one that works and then use the "Previous Plot" from the "page setup name" tray.

Chase Parsons wrote:

I have been plotting drawings for a VERY large residential development for two days now. Last night, for no appear reason, ACAD plot dialog box looses the plot styles. The only option I have is to create a new plot style. I can cut/paste the entire drawing into a new drawing and the plot command works fine again, with all the plot styles available.

I have had a coworker open the same drawings and he gets the same result.

Where must I look to see where the drawing is mapping the plot style from for it not to see the correct location of the plot style?

Look in <tools><options><files><printer support File...><Plot Style Table...> "your path"  (this for 2000i, other versions should be similar)

If I did not have 137 more drawings to go, I would not care about cutting/pasting each drawing into a fresh drawing. The problem only seems to affect some files and is not consistent with all drawings.

HELP!!

Ron Meicho

Chase Parsons, Aug 8, 2003
Ask a Question