Memory Allocation Error with DesignJet 1055CM

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by mattnewland, Sep 17, 2003.

1. mattnewland

mattnewland Guest

Hello,
    Please Help! Am trying to print from Autocad 2000 using a HP designjet 1055CM. I have installed the recommended autocad driver that came with the CD which prints a test page fine.
    We have a standard client server setup but we are trying to connect to the printer directly thru the network (rather than it being installed on the server) as apparently quicker.
    When I select plot from the file menu, then select a plotter in the plotter configuration frame, I get a message: "Memory Allocation Error"
    Pressing OK gives the following message:
    "HP DesignJet 1055CM: This plotter configuration cannot be used. Either the driver cannot be found, the device cannot be found, or the driver has a problem. The none plot device has been substituted."

Its test page prints fine though - can anyone help?
    Thanks
    Matt

mattnewland, Sep 17, 2003
  2. mattnewland

Kelly Boyd Guest

There was a plotting update patch released sometime back specifically to address this issue, have you installed that patch? Here's a link to one of Autodesk's technical documents that might help:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/item?siteID=123112&id=2876900&linkID=2475323

Hope this solves you problem.

kwb
    Hello,
    Please Help! Am trying to print from Autocad 2000 using a HP designjet 1055CM. I have installed the recommended autocad driver that came with the CD which prints a test page fine.
    We have a standard client server setup but we are trying to connect to the printer directly thru the network (rather than it being installed on the server) as apparently quicker.
    When I select plot from the file menu, then select a plotter in the plotter configuration frame, I get a message: "Memory Allocation Error"
    Pressing OK gives the following message:
    "HP DesignJet 1055CM: This plotter configuration cannot be used. Either the driver cannot be found, the device cannot be found, or the driver has a problem. The none plot device has been substituted."
    Its test page prints fine though - can anyone help?
    Thanks
    Matt

Kelly Boyd, Sep 17, 2003
Ask a Question