Mass Button

Discussion in 'Pro/Engineer & Creo Elements/Pro' started by Danny S., Feb 12, 2005.

1. Danny S.

Danny S. Guest

i install pro/e in my home for training,
    I can't find the Mass button, and i can't defined he mass by the *.mat file.

Dany

Danny S., Feb 12, 2005
  2. Danny S.

David Janes Guest

Mass is density*volume, in other words, a calculated value. Or you stick the thing
    on a scale and weigh it. Pro/e can handle either one, depending on what
    information you give it. If you assign a material to a part, the *.mat files
    generally come with a density (plus a lot of other physical properties of the
    material). You access this with 'Edit>Setup>Materials>Assign>From File'. If your
    config option PRO_MATERIAL_DIR points to the location of your materials files, the
    above should show you a list of available materials. To see what info the file
    contains, do 'Show' and accept the file name. You can also edit, define and save
    the materials files from this interface. For this material definition to faciltate
    model analysis of mass properties ('Analysis>Model Analysis>Mass
    props>Calculate'), the material file needs just two pieces of information: density
    of the material and the units that this density is expressed in which must be the
    abbreviation of the units system that you will see under 'Edit>Setup>Units'
    (proe_def, ips, cgs, mmns, etc.).

One other function under 'Setup' that is useful when you don't have materials
    files is 'Mass Props'. This menu item opens an interface for assigning density and
    other measured properties to a part. In this way, you need neither the material
    files nor the calculation of mass properties. You must change the source of the
    properties to parameters. Then you can type in density, cog, mass, etc.

David Janes, Feb 12, 2005
Ask a Question