Looking for Plot Stamp (NOT CAD's plot stamp)

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by Gators, Nov 30, 2004.

1. Gators

Gators Guest

I'm looking for a plot stamp I can include in our drawings. We don't want CAD's plot stamp or to use Rtext, as we don't want this to be automatically updated.

What I'm looking for is a plot stamp that can be manually updated with just the click of a button (lisp routines or macro is fine). WIth that button, it would update the text to show the drawing path and file name, the date/time, and the login name.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Gators, Nov 30, 2004
  2. Gators

Dennis Hyman Guest

Insert an RText string, then explode it.

CAD's plot stamp or to use Rtext, as we don't want this to be automatically
    updated.
    just the click of a button (lisp routines or macro is fine). WIth that
    button, it would update the text to show the drawing path and file name, the
    date/time, and the login name.

Dennis Hyman, Nov 30, 2004
  3. Gators

kboykool Guest

Not useful for you, but I thought some readers would find this interesting:

Land Desktop has this feature. It is called DAYSTAMP and when run initially it inserts the block. When the command is called again, it looks for the block and when it finds it, it updates it. It's a great feature so that if you plot the drawing, it shows the last revision time and date (if used properly) and not the plot time. I feel this is more indicative than an auto-update block. I just wish plain vanilla AutoCAD has it. My current firm doesn't use LDD as my past firms have.

Kenny Anderson

(remove the e'x'es to reply)

kboykool, Dec 3, 2004
  4. Gators

Homerloew Guest

If you are using 2005 you can use fields. Update only when you want.

Homerloew, Dec 6, 2004
Ask a Question