Live Attributes

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by thenov, Oct 9, 2004.

1. thenov

thenov Guest

I have a block with an attribute tag that I want to automatically populate with the CURRENT drawing name. I can initially do this. However if the user renames the file or does a saves the original drawing name shows up. I have tired to use a DIESEL expression but that will not work inside an attribute. I am using AutoCAD 2004. I know about the fields in AutoCAD 2005 but this application must be done in AutoCAD 2004. Do I need a reactor for this? Is there an easier way? Please let me know.

thenov, Oct 9, 2004
  2. thenov

SpeedCAD Guest

SpeedCAD, Oct 10, 2004
  3. thenov

thenov Guest

I could not get RTEXT or DIESEL to work INSIDE and attribute.

thenov, Oct 12, 2004
  4. thenov

tsigwing Guest

I wouldn't make it an attribute. Make it RTEXT inside the block. It will still update and not let the user change it. This is exactly what I did.

tsigwing, Oct 12, 2004
  5. thenov

thenov Guest

I need it to be an attribute due to a client requirement. I solved the problem by writing a BeginSave Event in VBA. Every time the user saves the drawing all of the required blocks get updated with the current drawing name. It works pretty well.

thenov, Oct 13, 2004
Ask a Question