Live Attributes

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by thenov, Oct 9, 2004.

1. thenov

thenov Guest

I have a block with an attribute tag that I want to automatically populate with the CURRENT drawing name. I can initially do this. However if the user renames the file or does a saves the original drawing name shows up. I have tired to use a DIESEL expression but that will not work inside an attribute. I am using AutoCAD 2004. I know about the fields in AutoCAD 2005 but this application must be done in AutoCAD 2004. Do I need a reactor for this? Is there an easier way? Please let me know.

thenov, Oct 9, 2004
  2. thenov

ECCAD Guest

I suggest a quick lisp function that checks the system variable "dwgname". If the value in the attribute is not = to the value in "dwgname", then replace the attribute value. Do this function in your .mnl or other 'startup' routine. Load the lisp, and call the function. (e.g.) (load "update_filename")(update_file). Where function 'update_file' is in the lisp 'update_filename.lsp'. This way, each time the drawing is opened, it will be updated. If you need help with the lisp, just ask.

Bob

ECCAD, Oct 9, 2004
  3. thenov

thenov Guest

Thanks! I will explore this option.

thenov, Oct 10, 2004
  4. thenov

SpeedCAD Guest

SpeedCAD, Oct 10, 2004
  5. thenov

thenov Guest

Thanks! I wrote an event in VBA. This is the same as a reactor in VLISP. Actually it was pretty easy in VBA.

thenov, Oct 11, 2004
Ask a Question