LISP via our Network

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by Charliep, Sep 29, 2004.

1. Charliep

Charliep Guest

I have a LISP that I got from another site that when the command is typed in causes a fraction .SLD file to pop up. I currently have it located on my C: Drive. Is it possible to have it loaded on our Network so everyone can use the same file?
    I have tried:
    1) In my options dialog box, Files tab, Support File Search Path, to create a new path to Q:\Support.
    2) Move my files (.lsp, .sld, the orginal .dwg which I understand does nothing for the routine) to Q:\support.
    3) Go to App Load, Contents, and load Q:\support\....lsp file.
    4) I have rebooted and have not been able to get to work.
    5) My routine has
    (defun
    C:CS ...........................
    CS being the command to type in. Should C:CS be changed to Q:CS?

What have I forgotten to do?
    Thanks for any help!!!

Charliep, Sep 29, 2004
  2. Charliep

dblaha Guest

You do not need to change it to Q:CS. The first 'C' in C:CS simply makes the program name a command that can be issued directly on the command line.

Unless you've included your progam in your startup suite, you need to load the program in each drawing you wish to use it. If the lisp file is named CS.LSP type the following on the command line:

(load "CS")

Then try typing CS on the command line to start the routine.

Dave

dblaha, Sep 29, 2004
  3. Charliep

BillZ Guest

Your C: Drive cannot be accessed by other AutoCAD users.
    Put the program on a network drive that everyone can access. Then they can load the program too.

Bill

BillZ, Sep 29, 2004
  4. Charliep

Charliep Guest

Thank you both. In trying to get my routine to work, I did change C:CS to Q:CS and forgot to change it back. I did like you suggested, and it worked.

Thanks

Charliep, Sep 29, 2004
Ask a Question