Lisp for Support File Search Path

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by sashk, Jun 3, 2004.

1. sashk

sashk Guest

yep, done that, still no work

this is weird. I get the exact returns, with the \\ and everything, and paste it in, but it wont budge. The (princ...)(princ) only returns one \

sashk, Jun 4, 2004
  2. sashk

sashk Guest

okay, here is one for you

If I set my path, through the options dialogue box, to the network, and then run the routine, it works well. Then if I run it again, it will not path to the M: drive. It gives me the invalid message again. I did the copy and paste of the exact output, so that should be good. It just does not want to toggle

sashk, Jun 4, 2004
  3. sashk

andywatson Guest

Sash,
    From what you wrote, it is not clear to me which way worked and which way did not work.
    If this part works well, then it means that it successfully changed the path from the network to the M drive. Yet, in the next sentence you say...
    If you run it again, after it already changed it to the M: drive the first time, then it should NOT path to the M: drive, but to the network.

Sash, please do the following:
    1. Manually set the path to the network
    2. Copy and paste the following at the command prompt:
    (setq pathNetwork (strcase (vla-get-PrinterStyleSheetPath (vla-get-files (vla-get-preferences (vlax-get-acad-object))))))
    3. Copy and paste whatever AutoCAD spits out on the command line into your next reply so I can see exactly what it says.

After you

andywatson, Jun 4, 2004
  4. sashk

sashk Guest

If I manually path the plot styles to the network and then run the routine, it will set the path to the M: drive

Once the path is set to the M: drive, I then run the routine so that it can toggle back to the network, but it wont work.

I have verified all paths and even ran the values that it returned. All values look correct, but it just wont work. I copy and paste various parts of the code to the command line, but it still hangs up on pathing back to the network.

Thanks again for all your help so far and all of your patience

sashk, Jun 4, 2004
  5. sashk

sashk Guest

Still says

; error: Automation Error. Invalid Argument when trying to path to the network

sashk, Jun 4, 2004
  6. sashk

sashk Guest

Here is the return that it spit out:

"\\\\P2333-01\\DECADR14DISTRIBUTION\\00DECAD\\QCAD2004\\QPLOTSTYLES04"

sashk, Jun 4, 2004
  7. sashk

andywatson Guest

Aha!
    Do you see the space between "QPLOTSTYLES" and "04"? That space was not their in all of your previous replies.
    Are you absolutely sure that you have a space in the routine path???

andywatson, Jun 4, 2004
  8. sashk

sashk Guest

Andy,

I re-checked the output. There is no space at the 04. Strange how it came out this way on this site, but I'm very positive there is no space. I also checked the network folder itself. NO space there either. Strange!

sashk, Jun 4, 2004
  9. sashk

sashk Guest

Also, whats strange is that the routine sets the network path to the \\\\p2333-01..... in the setq feature. It does recognize that because when the routine finds it, it then sets the path to the M: drive, but for some reason, it just cannot go back to the network.

sashk, Jun 4, 2004
  10. sashk

andywatson Guest

Sash,
    One last idea.
    Please attach your code to your next reply.

andywatson, Jun 4, 2004
  11. sashk

sashk Guest

HERE IT IS

sashk, Jun 4, 2004
Ask a Question