Lisp for Plotting all Layout Tabs

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by Cadman, Jul 23, 2004.

1. Cadman

Cadman Guest

Does anyone have a lisp file that can plot all of the layout tabs? I am looking for one that will plot to a plt file and also pdf?

Cadman

Cadman, Jul 23, 2004
  2. Cadman

dblaha Guest

I don't have one made up for that but here's what you'll need to create one. Use the code below to get a list of your layouts and assign them to the variable "my_layouts":

(setq my_layouts (LAYOUTLIST))

Then use the COMMAND function in your lisp to execute a PLOT for each layout in the list.

Plotting to PLT is just a matter of changing the "print to file" setting in the -PLOT command prompts and giving it a target name. You can go through the -PLOT prompts manually on the command line to learn the prompts you need to answer and their order.

Creating PDFs requires either the full version of Adobe Acrobat or some third party software. AutoCAD cannot do this directly.

dblaha, Jul 23, 2004
  3. Cadman

jb4pres Guest

Acad will do that for you (at least 2004 will). On the print page at the bottom left there is a box that says "What to Plot" Click all layout tabs and it will print or pdf or whatever you want. Works great I did it on a 10 layout file and it pdf each one individually really quick.

jb4pres, Jul 26, 2004
Ask a Question