lineweights plot as greyscale in acad2004

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by hrsurveyor, Feb 14, 2005.

1. hrsurveyor

hrsurveyor Guest

Just upgraded to acad 2004 from acad14 and am plotting to hp750c and hp2500cp plotters. i can plot no problem but the lineweights appear as a greyscale. any suggestions on what settings to change?

hrsurveyor, Feb 14, 2005
  2. hrsurveyor

Jack Booda Guest

We're using 2005 so I'm not sure it's the same.

Is your Plot Window fully opened? In the lower righthand corner there is a small circle and arrow (looks like < or >) that you can click to then see the Plot Style that is in use. Make sure the Greyscale style has not been inadvertently chosen. We normally use the acad.ctb style as our default.

BTW, once you choose a style, the Edit button lights up and you can go in and edit the pen widths. We prefer much finer lines for plotting and only darken the lines as needed.

Also, since you didn't mention any difference, are the plotter and the printer are acting the same way, and therefore you have ruled out a printer/plotter setting error?

Jack Booda, Feb 14, 2005
  3. hrsurveyor

wfb Guest

..ctb or .stb plotstyle? If you are using .ctb you need all your colors set
    to black.

hp2500cp plotters. i can plot no problem but the lineweights appear as a
    greyscale. any suggestions on what settings to change?

wfb, Feb 14, 2005
  4. hrsurveyor

hrsurveyor Guest

we also use acad.ctb as the default,lineweights are set correctly. i have the latest driver for the plotters but there must be a setting somewhere that i am not aware of??
    i have spent a couple of hours reviewing this and still cannot figure it out??

hrsurveyor, Feb 14, 2005
  5. hrsurveyor

hrsurveyor Guest

we use.ctb plot styles, where is the setting to change all colors to black

hrsurveyor, Feb 14, 2005
Ask a Question