License borrowing

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by sj56, Jun 9, 2004.

1. sj56

sj56 Guest

Hey There,
    We have been using 5.3 in a school situation for more than a year now on standalone machines with each copy authorized for that machine. Due to problems with a program called HDGuard it would no longer work. We now use a network license and all is fine. However, teachers who did have an authorized copy on their laptop now have a network copy and cannot run it away from the network server.
    Is it possible to transfer a network license to a laptop for a certain period? I have been told it is, but cannot find anywhere that tells me how.
    Thanks.

sj56, Jun 9, 2004
  2. sj56

patrick_aps Guest

it can be done if: 1)you have AutoCAD 2005 (and maybe 2004)
    2) you upgrade your license server to version 9.2 (download the latest version from macrovison.com, stop the service on the server, backup and then replace the LMtools.exe, lmgrd.exe and the lmutil.exe with the new ones, start the service again)
    3) Install the regular network deployment on the protable.
    4) On the client, in AutoCAD 2005. Menu Tools, at the bottom License toosl -> borrow license.

patrick_aps, Jun 9, 2004
  3. sj56

Cy Shuster Guest

Again, this is not available in Inventor 5.3.

--Cy--

standalone machines with each copy authorized for that machine. Due to
    problems with a program called HDGuard it would no longer work. We now use a
    network license and all is fine. However, teachers who did have an
    authorized copy on their laptop now have a network copy and cannot run it
    away from the network server.
    period? I have been told it is, but cannot find anywhere that tells me how.

Cy Shuster, Jun 9, 2004
Ask a Question