Layout with monochrome plotstyle previews in color

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by siarnne, Aug 4, 2003.

1. siarnne

siarnne Guest

Architectural Desktop 2004 w/SP1
    Plotter: designjet 500 (driver version unknown)
    I'm not easily beaten by these types of problems but, on this one, I need another set of eyes.
    A client calls me up and says after a power outage, he can't get his drawings to plot all black.
    So I take him down the checklist:
    1)I told him about the PC3 file settings and he's going to try that.
    2)I had him switch to a layout, go into Pagesetup and select the monochrome.ctb from the list of plotstyle tables. It wasn't there, so we did a 'Convertpstyles' saved and reopened the drawing and it was in the list.
    I had him set that plot style table current and check the 'display plot styles' control. When he hit 'Ok' and ran the preview, the preview still displayed in color.
    3)I had him go back into pagesetup, and on the 'Layout Settings' tab, we checked to make sure the 'Plot with Plot Styles' control was checked. It was.
    4)At this point I thought his monochrome.ctb file wasn't the out-of-the-box version, so we opened it and verified all of the 'Color' assignments were black and all of the 'Pen Asssignments' and 'Virtual Pen #' were all set to 'Automatic.' Excuse me, I'm going to go burn one. To be continued...

siarnne, Aug 4, 2003
  2. siarnne

siarnne Guest

I let him know and am waiting for the answer

siarnne, Aug 5, 2003
Ask a Question