LAYERS IN LAYER STATES

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by ianseow, Jul 18, 2003.

1. ianseow

ianseow Guest

I don't understand this....someone created this in the dwg. There are 2 dwgs- floor and ceiling plan. They are in their own layer state. The next confusing part is that both has some layers with same name but different colors. In other words, a line in both dwgs has the same layer name but different color. Can anyone explain this?

ianseow, Jul 18, 2003
  2. ianseow

Allen Jessup Guest

Other than saying that that was the way the author of the drawing wanted it? I do this myself on occasion. Have 2 or more plans that share many common objects in the same drawing. Create a layer state for each plan. Some plans may call fore different lineweights so if you control lineweight by color have the layers a different color in each layer state.

It, combined with the use of layouts, is a very efficient way to manage the drawing.

Allen

"ianseow" <> wrote in message news:...

I don't understand this....someone created this in the dwg. There are 2 dwgs- floor and ceiling plan. They are in their own layer state. The next confusing part is that both has some layers with same name but different colors. In other words, a line in both dwgs has the same layer name but different color. Can anyone explain this?

Allen Jessup, Jul 18, 2003
Ask a Question