Laser printer mystery

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by RickW, May 13, 2004.

1. RickW

RickW Guest

Using AutoCAD 2002 on Win XP Pro system. We have 2 laser printers. An HP 5P which is attached to a file server and an HP 4MV attached to another work station. The 4MV is set up on my computer as a system printer.

The Drawing: A site plan with 2 layout tabs; one is an overall plan, the other is a zoomed in area plan. The drawing has 6 xrefs.

The Goal: Print an 11x17 on the 4MV.

What happens: I can print an 11x17 of the zoomed in area plan on the 4MV with no problem. I can print 8-1/2 x 11 of the overall plan to either the 5P or 4MV with no problem. When I try to send an 11x 17 plot of the overall plan to the 4MV (using all the same plotter dialogue settings) it crashes.

Error message: INTERNAL ERROR: !U:\global\src\ObjectDbx\DB\IMP\src\dbutil.cpp@870

Ive tried: 1)deleting the overall plan tab and creating a new one as a copy of the zoomed in tab; 2) purging and auditing the drawing and ALL the xrefs; 3) reinstalling the printer drivers.

Any other ideas???

RickW, May 13, 2004
  2. RickW

RickW Guest

Problem solved. Can't say for sure what caused it, but I spent about an hour narrowing it down to one of the xrefs. I purged, audited, and generally tweaked that drawing. It was a client generated drawing and I suspect it may have been the 2 special linetypes they used.

RickW, May 17, 2004
Ask a Question