Is this an efficient subr?

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by BillZ, Jul 29, 2003.

1. BillZ

BillZ Guest

R14 Autolisp:

Can someone look at this sube and tell me if there's a better way to handle this string? I want to incorporate it into a program that uses the layer command to unthaw layers and the layer command can only handle 202 characters at a time.

Thanks

Bill

BillZ, Jul 29, 2003
  2. BillZ

Murph Guest

OH my EYES........BOLD TEXT in notepad. :)

I might try converting the str to a list then do a foreach in the list. Just my idea the PROs should be here in a few.

Also is Unthaw the opposite of Unfreeze.  <g>

Murph

"BillZ" <> wrote in message news:...

R14 Autolisp:

Can someone look at this sube and tell me if there's a better way to handle this string? I want to incorporate it into a program that uses the layer command to unthaw layers and the layer command can only handle 202 characters at a time.

Thanks

Bill

Murph, Jul 29, 2003
  3. BillZ

BillZ Guest

Thanks Murph, >> BOLD TEXT in notepad <<<< ??? Don't know what you meant. I just use regular Verdana 10pt in notepad.
    I converted this string "from" a list so I could feed it to the layer command inside a toolbar.
    I just finished the program and it seems to work great!
    When the string gets too long, then I have to break it into several calls to (command "layer" "t" "string" "") in the toolbar. Just thought I'd check to see if anyone had a more compact way of breaking up the string.
    Bill

BillZ, Jul 29, 2003
  4. BillZ

Murph Guest

When I opened it my puter showed it as a BOLD text too early in the morning for that .But the way you are breaking the string out looks simple & short. I can't think of any other way, and no one else has replied so you must be doing it right.

Murph

Thanks Murph, >> BOLD TEXT in notepad <<<< ??? Don't know what you meant. I just use regular Verdana 10pt in notepad.
    I converted this string "from" a list so I could feed it to the layer command inside a toolbar.
    I just finished the program and it seems to work great!
    When the string gets too long, then I have to break it into several calls to (command "layer" "t" "string" "") in the toolbar. Just thought I'd check to see if anyone had a more compact way of breaking up the string.
    Bill

Murph, Jul 29, 2003
  5. BillZ

BillZ Guest

>> no one else has replied so you must be doing it right <<<

That's a good rule to remember.

Hmmm... :)

Bill

BillZ, Jul 29, 2003
  6. BillZ

Jim Claypool Guest

It looks to me like this is as good as any other approach. It certainly works fast enough.

>> no one else has replied so you must be doing it right <<<

That's a good rule to remember.

Hmmm... :)

Bill

Jim Claypool, Jul 29, 2003
  7. BillZ

BillZ Guest

Thanks for checking it out!

Bill

BillZ, Jul 30, 2003
Ask a Question