Inserting Predifined # of blocks

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by VikCAD04, Oct 22, 2004.

1. VikCAD04

VikCAD04 Guest

i wasn't sure if the title really describes what i'm trying to do.
    I am a beginner at this lisp coding, but i'd like to try and write this myself. I just would like help or tips on maybe what function i should use and how i should structure it.

So the problems is this:
    Description: User types a command TB to insert terminal blocks into a wiring. Terminal Block has 2 attributes, one for the number of it and 2nd for the description of the current. Then, it prompts the user for How Many Points?
    Usually the terminal blocks come in a group of 12 but vary from 6-100+, and editing the description of them is a pitty, since you have to click on each one, so for the lisp, maybe there's a way to combine them and use one editing form for all the terminal blocks in a group. Last, it will ask the user to pick the top left point and rotation of the terminal block.

That's the problem, I don't think it's very simple, but I'm sure it's possible.
    So are there some very shortcuts or functions that do some of these things easily?

Thanks,
    Viktor

VikCAD04, Oct 22, 2004
Ask a Question