Inserting desired block w/ in nested block

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by gdean, Nov 23, 2004.

1. gdean

gdean Guest

Is there a way to insert a nested block out of a drawing with out having to insert the drawing first.

I have a steel shape drawing that contains multiple blocks. I am looking for a way to insert just one shape and not the entire library.

Like when loading a lisp, defined in a file with multiple lisp's. IE: (autoload "custom" '("userlisp"))

gdean, Nov 23, 2004
  2. Have you tried using the design center?

--
    Autodesk Discussion Group Facilitator

for a way to insert just one shape and not the entire library.
    (autoload "custom" '("userlisp"))

Jason Piercey, Nov 23, 2004
  3. gdean

gdean Guest

I am looking to work it into a routine. I don't want to deal with all of the searching.

gdean, Nov 23, 2004
  4. gdean

Joe Burke Guest

I am looking to work it into a routine. I don't want to deal with all of the
    Huh?

The location of source block drawing must be known, regardless of whether you use
    Tim's program or Jason's suggestion. I fail to see a distinction.

I assume what Tim posted is similar to what he posted in a recent thread. The
    advantage of his code is it will replace an existing block which uses the same name.
    Which Design Center will not do. Keeping in mind that's a safety feature, not
    necessarily a limitation.

As I understand your original question, the block in question does not exist in
    target drawing. If so, I think you should take Jason's advice. There's no good reason
    to use code in this case, unless there's some other reason you haven't mentioned.

There's no avoiding the fact Tim's code contains a dangerous element. IMO, that
    aspect is only worthwhile if you want to replace existing blocks in target drawing.
    And you fully appreciate what might happen. For instance, block name "abc" in source
    drawing may not be related to block name "abc" in target drawing.

Hi Tim.

Joe Burke

Joe Burke, Nov 24, 2004
  5. gdean

T.Willey Guest

Hi Joe,

Good points. I myself don't use the design center. Thanks for your help on my routine.

Tim

T.Willey, Nov 24, 2004
Ask a Question