HP650C Raster Problem

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by Warren McCrory, Jul 26, 2004.

1. OK guys here is my problem. We have a dinosaur for a printer (HP650C) that was working just fine (slowly) till a few days ago. All of a sudden it now rotates a Arch "D" sheet to print it in portrait mode, all of the settings inside of AutoCad (LDD3) are exactly the same as before. Trying to dig into the problem I find that the plotter has been set to "ANSI" as the paper size instead of "software". I switched it to "software" & this fixed my problems but has created a new problem. Now it refuses to plot a clipped raster image (vicinity map) on my title sheet correctly, moving it to one side or another of it's actual location. AutoCad shows everything being perfect in the preview though. I tried playing with some rotations to possibly fix a few other stupid things that they do here (only been here 2 months) & once again everything was perfect til I got to the title sheet. Now it rotates the image independent of the drawing. Now after much frustration (& a little foul language) I am here to ask if any of you have had a similar situation & might have an answer for me. If you don't that is not to great of a problem as I'm trying to get them to put this old thing out of it's misery & get a new workhorse. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Warren McCrory
    Goodwyn, Mills & Cawood
    Mobile, Al. 251.460.4006

Warren McCrory, Jul 26, 2004
  2. Warren McCrory

Ron Meicho Guest

We had a 650 few yrs back. If I remember right rasters do not rotate and
    are fixed at zero rotation on the plotter. We resorted to rotating our
    work inside cad before printing. Hope this helps

Ron Meicho

e) I am here to ask if any of you have had a similar situation & might have an answer for me. If you don't that is not to great of a problem as I'm trying to get them to put this old thing out of it's misery & get a new workhorse. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Ron Meicho, Jul 27, 2004
Ask a Question