HP laserjet 2500L won't print

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by JoelAndersen, Sep 13, 2003.

1. JoelAndersen

JoelAndersen Guest

Acad 2000 won't print to my local printer HP laserjet 2500L. Acad will print to other monochrome, networked printers. All other resident applications print to 2500L fine.

When I try to select this printer, I receive two error messages - "Memory Allocation Error" and then "HP 2500 PCL6 This plotter configuration cannot be used. Either the driver cannot be found, the device cannot be found or the driver has a problem. The none plot device has been substituted."

Thanks for any help.

JoelAndersen, Sep 13, 2003
  2. When you are running Windows-XP there may be something like this:

Is the printer using DHCP, it may probably have an new TCP/IP adress.(powerloss etc.)

->Try configurating it with an fixed IP-adress.

Is there something changed in the name of the shared printer?

Anything else has changed in the printer configuration?

Best solution:

remove the printer from your windows system.

create an new system printer with the correct path and driver.

Run a test print.

If OK, start the Autocad plotter manager and create a new printer with the newly created system printer.

Create also an new PMP file.

This solves many problems with printers in my network.

Jan

"JoelAndersen" <> schreef in bericht news:...

Acad 2000 won't print to my local printer HP laserjet 2500L. Acad will print to other monochrome, networked printers. All other resident applications print to 2500L fine.

When I try to select this printer, I receive two error messages - "Memory Allocation Error" and then "HP 2500 PCL6 This plotter configuration cannot be used. Either the driver cannot be found, the device cannot be found or the driver has a problem. The none plot device has been substituted."

Thanks for any help.

Jan van de Poel, Sep 15, 2003
Ask a Question