How to view various parts in layouts

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by lmlay45, Jan 17, 2005.

1. lmlay45

lmlay45 Guest

I am using Autocad to design a workbench (and trying to learn a bit about it in the process). I have it all done, the parts are solid objects that are assembled. I want to have a viewport for each unique part with dimensions (for cutting purposes), but it doesn't seem to allow me to just pick a single object out of the drawing for viewing, it just wants to have different views of the whole thing.

I noticed I could freeze layers in the layouts without them being frozen in MS, so is the only way to do this is give a different layer to each part I want to look at? Thanks for suggestions.

Oh yeah, also, can I dimension the parts in layout space without having the dimensions show up in MS? Thanks.

lmlay45, Jan 17, 2005
  2. lmlay45

OLD-CADaver Guest

Separate layers for individual parts is the solution for your question. Investigate DVIEW CLIP as well.

Dimensions may reside in PAPERSPACE (Layout tab) by setting DIMASSOC=2, or by setting DIMASSOC=1 and DIMLFAC=(dimscale), or a couple of other options.

OLD-CADaver, Jan 18, 2005
  3. lmlay45

lmlay45 Guest

Thanks, that should help!

lmlay45, Jan 19, 2005
Ask a Question