How to join into polyline and sweep out unwanted entities?

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by bm01, Dec 22, 2003.

1. bm01

bm01 Guest

Please help me to acheive the following two tasks with lisp rountines (I have attached dwg file to customer.files group):

Task-1) I have a drawing containning lines and arcs. The adjacent lines or arcs seem to be connected to each other.But when I zoom in the intersection portion,there is always a very small gap (0.0001mm ~ 0.5mm) between the two entities.Therefore,I can't join the adjacent lines and arcs into polyline objects. Is there a lisp routine to do the job quickly instead of fillet each two entities with 0 radius step by step?

Task-2) Suppose that there are many open polylines in the drawing. And there are several entities (plines,lines,points,circles,arcs) within a user-defined polyline width.Those entities may be parallel,intersecting or laying under/on top of the polylines.
    I need a lisp routine to define a width value (for example 0.5 mm) by the user,then the lisp is able to sweep all the unwanted entities along each polyline paths.Entities, which are not totally located within the pline width area,are required to remain unchanged or untrimmed.

Any solutions?

Wish you all have a Merry Christmas!

Rosa Hisao

bm01, Dec 22, 2003
  2. bm01

Walt Engle Guest

Answered this once - use pedit and then join, or PLJOIN.

Walt Engle, Dec 22, 2003
  3. bm01

Doug Broad Guest

Task 1:

In 2004,
    Pedit Multiple <selectobjects> Yes Join Jointype Both <fuzz distance>

Task 2:
    Suggest your code offset the good polyline half the distance
    each way and then using the offset points to create a window polygon selection.
    Discard the good polyline from the selection and erase the rest.

Please help me to acheive the following two tasks with lisp rountines (I have attached dwg file to customer.files group):

Task-1) I have a drawing containning lines and arcs. The adjacent lines or arcs seem to be connected to each other.But when I zoom
    in the intersection portion,there is always a very small gap (0.0001mm ~ 0.5mm) between the two entities.Therefore,I can't join the
    adjacent lines and arcs into polyline objects. Is there a lisp routine to do the job quickly instead of fillet each two entities
    with 0 radius step by step?

Task-2) Suppose that there are many open polylines in the drawing. And there are several entities (plines,lines,points,circles,arcs)
    within a user-defined polyline width.Those entities may be parallel,intersecting or laying under/on top of the polylines.
    I need a lisp routine to define a width value (for example 0.5 mm) by the user,then the lisp is able to sweep all the unwanted
    entities along each polyline paths.Entities, which are not totally located within the pline width area,are required to remain
    unchanged or untrimmed.

Any solutions?

Rosa Hisao

Doug Broad, Dec 22, 2003
  4. bm01

bm01 Guest

Dough,

Task 1 problem solved according to your suggestion. Thanks for your help.

Task 2 still needs your help for coding. I don't know how to "use the offset points to creat a window polygon selection" in a lisp routine,since the polyline is a curve line which means that the lower-left offset point and the upper-right offset point may not cover all of of the unwanted entities.

Rosa

"Doug Broad" <> ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó Task 1:

In 2004,
    Pedit Multiple <selectobjects> Yes Join Jointype Both <fuzz distance>

Task 2:
    Suggest your code offset the good polyline half the distance
    each way and then using the offset points to create a window polygon selection.
    Discard the good polyline from the selection and erase the rest.

Task-1) I have a drawing containning lines and arcs. The adjacent lines or arcs seem to be connected to each other.But when I zoom
    in the intersection portion,there is always a very small gap (0.0001mm ~ 0.5mm) between the two entities.Therefore,I can't join the
    adjacent lines and arcs into polyline objects. Is there a lisp routine to do the job quickly instead of fillet each two entities
    with 0 radius step by step?

Task-2) Suppose that there are many open polylines in the drawing. And there are several entities (plines,lines,points,circles,arcs)
    within a user-defined polyline width.Those entities may be parallel,intersecting or laying under/on top of the polylines.
    I need a lisp routine to define a width value (for example 0.5 mm) by the user,then the lisp is able to sweep all the unwanted
    entities along each polyline paths.Entities, which are not totally located within the pline width area,are required to remain
    unchanged or untrimmed.

Any solutions?

Rosa Hisao

bm01, Dec 23, 2003
  5. bm01

Doug Broad Guest

Rosah,

Glad to have helped. Afraid I'll have to pass on the coding
    request. Too many paying customers need deadlines met
    before the new year.

Regards,
    Doug

Dough,

Doug Broad, Dec 23, 2003
  6. bm01

bm01 Guest

Doug,

I don't mind to pay at reasonable price if you have the codes to solve the problem.
    There is no rush. I can wait until you have finished those deadline projects.

Merry Christmas!
    Rosa

"Doug Broad" <> ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó Rosah,

Glad to have helped. Afraid I'll have to pass on the coding
    request. Too many paying customers need deadlines met
    before the new year.

Regards,
    Doug

Dough,

bm01, Dec 23, 2003
Ask a Question