How to disable roaming profile usage by AutoCAD 2005

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by machpeters, Oct 15, 2004.

1. machpeters

machpeters Guest

Hi all,

How can I configure AutoCAD 2005 not to use the personalized support directory in the <Documents and Settings> environment. This environment is part of the roaming profile in a network setup.
    It is very inconvenient to exchange the WHOLE environment when the user logs on or off. This environment does not change very often. It seems that applications are using this more and more for whatever reason.

I would like to point to a personal network drive for storing the personal configuration of the user. When the user changes its configuration it is directly stored on the server, instead of a deferred save when the user logs off. I think they call this client-server computing ;-)

thanks in advance

machpeters, Oct 15, 2004
  2. machpeters

John Schmidt Guest

I wouldn't say it actually disables roaming profiles, but you can point
    almost anything in AutoCAD wherever you'd prefer AutoCAD to find things in
    the Options dialog box under the Files tab. We set up ours this way, so that
    all the support files are in standardized locations. We export and use a
    common AutoCAD profile, (.arg file), for this.

John

logs on or off. This environment does not change very often. It seems that
    applications are using this more and more for whatever reason.
    configuration of the user. When the user changes its configuration it is
    directly stored on the server, instead of a deferred save when the user logs
    off. I think they call this client-server computing ;-)

John Schmidt, Oct 18, 2004
Ask a Question