How to cut entites?

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by Paul_de_Boer, Jul 12, 2003.

1. Paul_de_Boer

Paul_de_Boer Guest

Hi all I'm trying to cut entities by selecting an entity (wich is in my case a border or an edge) and then selecting the entities that have to be cut by the first selected entity (border or edge) object. Is there someone out there who has a solution for this one. Thanks Paul

Paul_de_Boer, Jul 12, 2003
  2. Paul_de_Boer

C Witt Guest

are you saying "trim" does not work?

C Witt, Jul 12, 2003
  3. Paul_de_Boer

James Murphy Guest

AutoCAD MAP has this feature in it. It's called Maptrim. However if you search on the web there are some lisp routines out there that do this, search for boundary trim. One way you might want to look at would be use your rectangle as a  window selection and wblock the entities out to a new dwg file then open that file. Or if the entities in not in the selection delete it from the dwg.

Murph

"Paul_de_Boer" <> wrote in message news:...

It is not that trim (or break) is not working, but I don't know how to do it. I tried 'SendCommand' but that is causing even more problems. What I'm trying to do is this; For example you have a drawing (12 to 16 MB) with lots of entities, but you only need a part of the drawing to work with. What I want to achief is this; Drag a rectangle around the bits you need, select the rectangle, and everything outside the rectangle wil be erased.

James Murphy, Jul 13, 2003
  4. Paul_de_Boer

Mark Nelson Guest

The express tools have a cookie cutter trim that works similar if you do not have map.

mark

"James Murphy" <> wrote in message news:...

AutoCAD MAP has this feature in it. It's called Maptrim. However if you search on the web there are some lisp routines out there that do this, search for boundary trim. One way you might want to look at would be use your rectangle as a  window selection and wblock the entities out to a new dwg file then open that file. Or if the entities in not in the selection delete it from the dwg.

Murph

"Paul_de_Boer" <> wrote in message news:...

It is not that trim (or break) is not working, but I don't know how to do it. I tried 'SendCommand' but that is causing even more problems. What I'm trying to do is this; For example you have a drawing (12 to 16 MB) with lots of entities, but you only need a part of the drawing to work with. What I want to achief is this; Drag a rectangle around the bits you need, select the rectangle, and everything outside the rectangle wil be erased.

Mark Nelson, Jul 14, 2003
Ask a Question