How to add holes table into drawing

Discussion in 'Pro/Engineer & Creo Elements/Pro' started by dong.lansheng, May 13, 2009.

1. Now I want to create a table to show x, y positon of holes and size.

Thnaks

dong.lansheng, May 13, 2009
  2. dong.lansheng

Janes Guest

Now I want to create a table to show x, y positon of holes and size.

Good question! In Wildfire, do 'Tools>Hole Table>Create>Holes' and pick a coordinate system. Then pick a place on the drawing for the upper left corner of table. If table doesn't completely display, pick again, next to the first segment of table.

The biggest trick in getting this functionality to work correctly is creating the correct coordinate system. The most important thing is that the Z axis is facing up, toward the screen. So the view that you are creating the hole table from must have its hole axes pointed into the screen as well. The other thing to realize about the coordinate system is that either x or y axis pointing away from the part will produce negative numbers in the table. So even if you had the csys in the lower left corner of the part, but had the xy axes pointing away from the part, all the numbers would be negative.

Before doing Create, you might want to look at some of the Setup options. You can do a lot of customizing from there. If you want to change how the table displays, (for example, the length of the segments) there is NO redefine. You must delete the existing table and start again.

David Janes

Janes, May 14, 2009
  3. Thank you very much! I have created the table.

Lansheng

dong.lansheng, May 14, 2009
Ask a Question