How can I prevent a Block from being removed?

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by arsnik91, Aug 26, 2003.

1. arsnik91

arsnik91 Guest

Is there a way to prevent a Block from being deleted? Using VBA, I want to write certain information to this block and embed it in our drawings. Even if it's on a locked layer, Express tools can still change it. I want it to be "secure" enough to keep the casual observer out. I don't want to secure the drawing or prevent it from being edited. Is this possible?

arsnik91, Aug 26, 2003
  2. arsnik91

Ed Jobe Guest

If you only want to store data, how about an xrecord? The "casual user" would never see it and its not selectable for deletion.

--
    Ed
    --

"arsnik91" <> wrote in message news:...

Is there a way to prevent a Block from being deleted? Using VBA, I want to write certain information to this block and embed it in our drawings. Even if it's on a locked layer, Express tools can still change it. I want it to be "secure" enough to keep the casual observer out. I don't want to secure the drawing or prevent it from being edited. Is this possible?

Ed Jobe, Aug 26, 2003
  3. arsnik91

arsnik91 Guest

I'm still a newbie with VBA but after I read your post and looked into it, the XRecord might just work. While I'm still trying to understand how the Help File example works, I was able to get it to store and disply my information. Now I need to tailor it to fit into my original idea. I appreciate your help Ed, thanks..

arsnik91, Aug 26, 2003
  4. arsnik91

Ed Jobe Guest

You're welcome. :)

--
    Ed
    --

"arsnik91" <> wrote in message news:...

I'm still a newbie with VBA but after I read your post and looked into it, the XRecord might just work. While I'm still trying to understand how the Help File example works, I was able to get it to store and disply my information. Now I need to tailor it to fit into my original idea. I appreciate your help Ed, thanks..

Ed Jobe, Aug 26, 2003
Ask a Question