Hollow text?!?!

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by suzking, Jul 30, 2003.

1. suzking

suzking Guest

When printing from one workstation I get text that is hollow (the text has lines on the outside but is not solid on the inside). When printing the exact same drawing from another work station the text is completely solid.

Anyone know what I need to change to rectify this??

suzking, Jul 30, 2003
  2. suzking

Patrick Guest

Patrick, Jul 30, 2003
  3. suzking

Jussi Guest

Set TEXTFILL to 1.

Jussi

"suzking" <> kirjoitti viestissä news:...

When printing from one workstation I get text that is hollow (the text has lines on the outside but is not solid on the inside). When printing the exact same drawing from another work station the text is completely solid.

Anyone know what I need to change to rectify this??

Jussi, Jul 30, 2003
  4. suzking

suzking Guest

Thanks you very much!!

I've been needing that changed for ages :eek:)

Suzanne.

suzking, Jul 30, 2003
  5. suzking

c.prettyman Guest

Suzking:
    You've seen the responses to set textfill by now, which is what I would have said - but let me add some follow up info - you can also get hollow text if you are using true type fonts, and you have the hide plot box checked. Tha twould have presented itself as a drawing specific issue, not a machine specific issue, but it is something to watch for. And, regarding the textfill variable - if you are using a license server, and a client tries to logon, and fails to get a license for some reason, textfill will reset to 0 - in fact, there are several variables that reset to the factory defaults whenever you fail to get a license - there is a KB article about this, but the other two that I rememebr are mbuttonpan and savetime. In this office, most people use the factory defaults fo rhte others ayway, but savetime is an important issue, and the factory default of 2 hours is retarded.

c.prettyman, Jul 30, 2003
Ask a Question