Half Tone issues with Oce RD

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by c.prettyman, Jul 21, 2003.

1. c.prettyman

c.prettyman Guest

Has anyone figured out a way to get decent half toning out of an Oce 9400 using Reprodesk - I'm using ACAD2002, and the CTB that I got off buzzzsaw, modified to match our office standards, plus a PC3 from Reprodesk for the Oce9400. The problem crops up with thin screened lines at 45 degree angles - a common thing for us to plot as part of paving patterns and floor patters, etc.

c.prettyman, Jul 21, 2003
  2. c.prettyman

c.prettyman Guest

Scott - I can post to CF, or send directly - but for the later, I need your email address.

c.prettyman, Jul 22, 2003
  3. c.prettyman

c.prettyman Guest

Scott - I have put a zip file in CF under the subject "OceRD Files for Scott" with a pc3, pmp, ctb and pen file. I did not include a drawing file, but if you make a hatch pattern with lines ar 45 degree angles, and give it colors 8, 9, or 10 and plot with these files, you should get a perfectly good sample of the problem. I have forgotten which screenign pattern is used in that .pen file - I tried a bunch of options, always testing with #8, which should be a 65% or 75% black. I look forward to hearing if you can find better settings for us. Feel free to write me directly at

c.prettyman, Jul 22, 2003
  4. I have the files. before I get our developers and QA involved, I would like to leave nothing to chance. Please email a small DWG to that demonstrates the problem. This way we will be sure we have a solution by using your exact test case.

"c.prettyman" <> wrote in message news:...

Scott - I have put a zip file in CF under the subject "OceRD Files for Scott" with a pc3, pmp, ctb and pen file. I did not include a drawing file, but if you make a hatch pattern with lines ar 45 degree angles, and give it colors 8, 9, or 10 and plot with these files, you should get a perfectly good sample of the problem. I have forgotten which screenign pattern is used in that .pen file - I tried a bunch of options, always testing with #8, which should be a 65% or 75% black. I look forward to hearing if you can find better settings for us. Feel free to write me directly at

Scott Sheppard, Jul 22, 2003
Ask a Question