Gray Toolbar buttons

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by ajw3, Jun 29, 2004.

1. ajw3

ajw3 Guest

How do I make the background color of my toolbars transparent so that when I change the Windows display color scheme the background color of my toolbar buttons are changed to the new color and not gray? The ACAD menu toolbars look fine.

ajw3, Jun 29, 2004
  2. ajw3

dblaha Guest

After creating your custom bitmaps, open them in the AutoCAD button editor. Use the erase tool to erase all the pixels that make up the background of the button. Use 'Save As' to save the button back to a bitmap file. Now when you use the bitmap for a toolbar button in AutoCAD, the background will change with your Windows color scheme.

dblaha, Jun 29, 2004
  3. ajw3

ajw3 Guest

I tried your suggestion. The button retains the background color of the current scheme. If I create a new toolbar button it looks fine and it's background changes whenever I change the Windows color scheme.

Thanks for your help.

Tony

ajw3, Jun 29, 2004
  4. Something to watch out for. Sometimes the previous version of the bitmap is
    saved in the current folder (My Documents for example). Search for any
    duplicates and delete them. You may need to recompile your menu.

--
    Daniel J. Altamura, R.A.
    Altamura Architectural Consulting
    and SoftWorx, Autodesk Authorized Developer
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

current scheme. If I create a new toolbar button it looks fine and it's
    background changes whenever I change the Windows color scheme.

Daniel J. Altamura, R.A., Jul 1, 2004
Ask a Question