Graphics problem with multiple open windows

Discussion in 'Pro/Engineer & Creo Elements/Pro' started by Martin, Mar 28, 2005.

1. Martin

Martin Guest

Hello.

When I have Assemblies or Parts open in two or more windows, I cannot spin
    shaded models, i.e. the model disappears once the component or assembly is
    rotated until the motion stops then the shaded model re-appears.

I would like someone to tell me that I can set an option in config.pro but I
    have a feeling that this may have something to do with my graphics card, and
    the fact that it is not a workstation type.

I'm running proE 2001 on Windows 2000. My graphics card is gaming card
    Geforce FX5600 128mb DDR. Any help appreciated.

Martin.

Martin, Mar 28, 2005
  2. Martin

David Janes Guest

Maybe try setting the config option GRAPHICS to WIN32_GDI. It should solve one
    problem and create 1-2 others. That will prove it's a card/driver problem, just
    about a given with a Geforce FX card. Couple of possibilities: soft-quadro this
    card (anyone ever seen a list of the cards that can be softquadroed?) or spend a
    decent amount of money, a sum worthy of a powerful, professional, topoftheline,
    feature based, parametric, solid modelling design/detailing/analysis package. My
    rule of thumb is that you'll not go amiss to allocate 30% to 50% of the cost price
    of your workstation to the graphics card. In Pro/e, nothing matters more for
    speed, scalability (more windows) and reliability (doesn't crash 3 times a day)
    than the graphics card. And nothing will give you more grief than a shit one.

David Janes, Mar 29, 2005
Ask a Question