Going from 2002 to 2005

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by Michael Veilleux, Jan 17, 2005.

1. Not even sure where to start...

Running network versions of 2002 and LDT.....Have the 2005 box opened in front of me and don't know where to start.

I am not a network guy, when 2002 was installed I had help from someone who is no longer here.

Do I need to start completely over?

is Flexlm the network license manager? What about lmtools? I am lost.....

I cannot interrupt our 2002 usage right now, but I have to get this up and running....

Can someone start me in the right direction? Can I do this entirely from my workstation, or do I have to bring the CD over to the server and do it there?

Michael Veilleux, Jan 17, 2005
  2. Michael Veilleux

jpostlewait Guest

Have you considered getting support from your reseller.
    I know I always have a network support guy here whenever I create a new deployment, as they all are different and there are always little things to trip up even veteran network administrators.

John Postlewait
    IS Department
    George Butler Associates, Inc.

jpostlewait, Jan 17, 2005
  3. I'd like to suggest you start off by reading the documentation. Alot of this
    is covered there.

Of course if you don't understand your current setup, then that's a problem.

Richard Henley, Jan 17, 2005
  4. My old friend Richard has a point. If you do not understand what has been
    done so far, and do not have the skill sets in house to figure it out, it
    may be wise to get someone in there to help.

jerry milana \(Autodesk Consulting\), Jan 18, 2005
  5. Michael Veilleux

Allen Jessup Guest

The advice already given is good. You need to read the documentation and then evaluate whether or not you feel competent to proceed. However I will address some of you questions.

FlexLM is still the license manager. However you will need to install the latest version that comes on the CD.

You can avoid interruption of the use of 2002 (or at least keep it to a minimum) by combining the 2002 license file with the 2005 license file. The combined file will run under the new FlexLM.

I would suggest running the install from the server. The install program need to read data from the server.

There is now a network installation wizard that will help you with the creation of the client deployments once you get the license manager and wizard installed on the server.

HTH
    Allen
    Not even sure where to start...

Running network versions of 2002 and LDT.....Have the 2005 box opened in front of me and don't know where to start.

I am not a network guy, when 2002 was installed I had help from someone who is no longer here.

Do I need to start completely over?

is Flexlm the network license manager? What about lmtools? I am lost.....

I cannot interrupt our 2002 usage right now, but I have to get this up and running....

Can someone start me in the right direction? Can I do this entirely from my workstation, or do I have to bring the CD over to the server and do it there?

Allen Jessup, Jan 18, 2005
Ask a Question