Ghost Dots in plotting

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by pulse301, Oct 14, 2004.

1. pulse301

pulse301 Guest

I have searched the knowledge base and this newsgroup and have not found the answer to this exact problem yet. Here is our systems: Windows 2000, Athlon 2800+, nVidia Geforce 5600 video card, ADT 2004, oce TDS600 plotter. This same problem also crops up on our 1800+ computers that have the same software but video card is geforce2 MX. What is happening is we are getting tiny specs of black on our plots. These are NOT coming from the plotter. You can actually see the specs in the .plt file. We know that the specs line up absolutely perfectly with what is drawn at the bottom of the file. So if we fold the paper in half the specs line up perfectly with whatever is in the file at its complete opposite. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that the specs are a mirror of whatever is in the drawing. I have seen it mirror both lines and types words. We have tried a lot of things to correct it. We have audited the drawing, changed fonts, tried EVERY version of the plotter driver we can find (including windows system drivers). The problem if we plot from paper space, or if we plot from model space. If someone would like to see an example I can attach a .plt file. If anyone has any idea how to fix this please let me know. Thank you.

pulse301, Oct 14, 2004
Ask a Question