Entmake 3D Polyline Problem without attachment

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by BillZ, Jul 18, 2003.

1. BillZ

BillZ Guest

BTW: AutoCAD craches when I do a (entget (entnext ename))on the new polyline ename.

Bill

BillZ, Jul 18, 2003
  2. BillZ

BillZ Guest

Thanks Mark,
    The problem was with the vertex's. I found this out when I would (entget (entnext (entlast))), then AutoCAD would crash. All's I had to do was add (cons 70 32) to the vertext definition (I suppose to tell it that it had to be a 3d vertext). Works now.

Bill

BillZ, Jul 18, 2003
  3. BillZ

Kent Keller Guest

Please see Customer files for the attachment

The rule for attaching pictures in the discussion groups is

To aid in illustrating your product related questions, GIFs,
    JPGs, or PNGs smaller than 200k may now be posted in discussion
    groups. Please do not post BMPs or DWG anywhere except in
    Customer Files
    news://discussion.autodesk.com/autodesk.autocad.customer-files or
    http://discussion.autodesk.com/WebX?14@@.ee940b5. >>

R14 Autolisp: (entmake (list (cons 0 "POLYLINE")(cons 8 "0")(cons 66 1)(cons 70 8)))
    ;start pline (foreach n pt_list (entmake (list (cons 0 "VERTEX")(cons 10 n)(cons 42 0.0)))
    ;creates new ) ;end foreach (entmake (list (cons 0 "SEQEND"))) ;end/complete I can create
    a polyline with this code but it creates it like a 2d polyline (0.0 z's), and if I try to
    list the polyline and vertices with a program I made that entgets the ename, AutoCAD
    crashes with the attached error message. And then tells me AutoCAD cannot continue. Can
    anyone help? TIA Bill

Kent Keller, Jul 18, 2003
  4. BillZ

BillZ Guest

Sorry about that Kent,
    I didn't realize that little error box would make such a large .bmp file. And I didn't check it first.

Won't happen again.

Bill

BillZ, Jul 18, 2003
Ask a Question