Dll load error

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by boland, Apr 7, 2004.

1. boland

boland Guest

I have two consecutive lines of code both of which functioned until I loaded AutoCAD 2004DX over AutoCAD 2004 as part of an upgrade from Inventor7 Pro to Inventor8 pro. They are in a VB6 project

The lines are :

ObjDoc.Application.ActiveDocument.FullName
    For cntx = 1 To ObjDoc.Application.ActiveDocument.Blocks.Count - 1

(Note the second line has word wrapped).

The first line still executes but the second comes up with an unable to load DLL error. Any Ideas which DLL's block references access under VB6.

The autocad typelib reference did not appear to change its description on upgrade and still says AutoCAd 2004 type library (not 2004DX).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
    Phil

boland, Apr 7, 2004
  2. boland

Kevin Terry Guest

Did you leave 2004 on your system too? You will run into problems if you
    have both installed, then run one application and then the other.

Kevin

loaded AutoCAD 2004DX over AutoCAD 2004 as part of an upgrade from Inventor7
    Pro to Inventor8 pro. They are in a VB6 project
    load DLL error. Any Ideas which DLL's block references access under VB6.
    upgrade and still says AutoCAd 2004 type library (not 2004DX).

Kevin Terry, Apr 7, 2004
  3. boland

boland Guest

Thanks for that Kevin, turns out to be a bit deeper than that. I removed the 2004 DX just leaving the 2004 and my program worked fine. Then taking your advice I removed the 2004 and installed the 2004 DX from my inventor 8 disk. I had the same problem, DLL load error on blocks.count so I have now removed the 2004 DX and re-installed 2004 from my Inventor 7 disk and am running my program again.

There appears to be some form of problem either with my setup (reasonably vanilla XP pro) and 2004DX or some problem with 2004DX.

Just before this however I attempted to install the DX patches and the upgrade software told me that DX was not on my system, the software was functioning fine however (and had registered OK) .....

Back to working though. If anyone comes across a solution or if they are managing to execute code on blocks (i'm attempting to identify and explode blocks) please let me know. Other than that I guess i'll wait til 2005.

Cheers
    Phil

boland, Apr 7, 2004
Ask a Question